Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Love Your Blog Award

My friend and neighbor Yarnhog gave me this award a few days ago. I was humbly surprised especially since I hadn't written much in the past weeks. Yarnhog was my inspiration for starting my blog. I still remember the day she told me she had a blog. In a sheepish almost secretive way she smiled and said,
" I started a blog", I said " A What?". I really didn't know. After she explained I asked, "So what's your site name?" Poor lady had to tell me three maybe four times and finally resorted to writing it down. Yarnhog yarnhog what at what com???? Yarnhog, what's that all about? You're not a hog. She couldn't get just one yarnhog because that was already taken so she had to be two. Anyway, six months of reading her entries and I started to see the beauty and benefit of a blog. I remember the early days of writing and getting no comments. I struggled in the quiet wilderness wondering if anyone was reading my site. It was a big event the day I finally got a comment. I loved reading and re-reading the line. Later my friend helped me out again and gave me what I affectionately called,

A bloggers Christmas.

I kept writing and of course reading other sites. I was having fun, making some cyber space friends but relating and sharing in a way that was different from my face to face friends. In the past few weeks I've slipped into what I call a writers Bermuda Triangle. It's that place where thoughts and ideas disappear into thin air and are never found again. Then one day out of the blue I get this pretty award.


Thank you Yarnhog :)

The rules for award acceptance are as follows: 1. The winner can put the logo on their website/blog. 2. Add a link to the person who gave you this award. 3. Nominate at least 5 other websites/blogs. 4. Provide links of the nominated websites/blogs. 5. Leave a message at each website owner that you've nominated.


Here's my five Award winners -

Uberstrickenfrau - Always interesting and fun and really creative.

Deborahkslife - Deborah knits a lot and finishes her projects. It's amazing how much she gets done in a week.

Freerangechick - She knits, writes, and is always working on something interesting.

Shameka - Check out her really cool Obama earrings on ETSY

Yarndork - Thanks for giving us your all and congrats on meeting The Yarnharlot.

My personal thank you to all bloggers who give a little piece of their lives to the world. Thanks for sharing.

5 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Awww Janet! Thank you so much for honoring my blog. Big hugs to ya! I am so glad to see you writing again. I've missed reading what you've had to say and share with us all.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Congratulations on your award! My sister is the one who pushed me into blogging, I had no idea what a blog really was or what the point was to them. Now I love it :).

Krissy said...

Thanks a bunch. It's always so nice when someone shouts out loud that they love your blog. So, right back at you chickie!

yarndork said...

Awww, thanks! I'm not as internet savvy as, well, most, but I married up. He's so far had time to load the award onto my blog, but he forgot the link thing. So, I'll do my part as soon as we get it all straightened out. But, thanks so much for the award, you're a sweetheart!

Haley said...

I think you definitely deserve this award. Even great bloggers need to take little blog hiatuses here and there. Even though I haven't had much time for blog reading, I've been thinking about you and your husband.