Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finished!!!

Do you know who this is??
That is my neighbor trying to figure out my mess of knitting for the lace border sweater that I am knitting. After finally finishing the 2nd sleeve I then placed all the pieces of the puzzle on my dining room table and knew in a instant that there was no way I could figure out the next move. Lucky for me I called a friend (the lovely lady in the picture) who actually knows how to knit. I only asked that she help me understand the directions but I was truly lucky and she knitted me out of never never land. When she asked, " How much do you want me to knit?" I said, " As much as your willing to do" and then she magically put the sweater together. Thank you very much Yarnhog. I couldn't have done it without you. Note to all of you kind hearted knitting enthusiasts who give knitting kits to friends - they may need your help!
I sewed the sleeves and sides together and then I tried it on.
See -















Isn't the border pretty?
Well you may be wondering, Why I have a Teddy Bear modeling my very first knitted sweater with sleeves.
Could it be that it is 85 degrees and too hot to wear sleeves?
Could it be that I am having a bad hair day?
Could it be that it ITCHES????
Yes, this beautiful blue yarn that I loved to knit with itches something awful. Kinda like poison ivy with a rash on top. Yeah super duper itches. Does it go away if I put it in the closet? Do I wash it in magic de-itching soap?
Do I wear something under the sweater to shield my skin?
WHAT Do I Do?

10 comments:

sophanne said...

If you can help Yarnhog out of the latest "oops" cycle she's been in, likely SHE'LL be more grateful than you are!

That sweater is beautiful. It won't itch if it ever gets cold out.

Tammy said...

Lovely sweater and you're lucky to have such a helpful neighbor! If you're like me, you'll have to wear a long sleeve tee under the sweater.

Tammy said...

PS... what yarn did you use?

km said...

If it's wool...I'd wear a long sleeved T-shirt underneath. It looks lovely. Crank the A/C someday for a photo shoot.

Kim said...

Why, it's Yarn Hog! Your sweater is gorgeous! I'd recommend wearing a light t-shirt or something under it.

Deborah said...

Ahhh you have Yarnhog as your neighbor? Awesome that you have her nearby to help ya out. Even though the yarn is itchy it is gorgeous and be very proud of yourself. A light t would be the way to go.

Krissy said...

Noway it itches. That could make you want to find a wall to bang your head on for a while. Maybe it would soften up after a couple of washes???

Shameka said...

I would recommend using a fabric softener too see if that helps. and yes, wear a light t-shirt under it.

Good Yarns said...

It is beautiful work and i love that lace at the bottom. I hope the other commenters are right and that it won't itch when it gets cold. How did you ever knit it if it itches? And...what is the yarn?

Yarnhog said...

I have a sweater in the same yarn (it's Knit Picks Andean Silk). It itches me, too. I wear a camisole or tank underneath and it's fine.

And you're welcome!