Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm Tagged!!!!

Free Range Chick tagged me with this meme that has been going around blog town for a while now. I am proud and honored to participate in my FIRST TAG.

Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

At my age it's hard to remember what I had for breakfast but ... I think I was a SAHM with a 16, 5 and 3 year old. My youngest wasn't born yet and I was taking a quilting class. I was in two playgroups and I started a business making First Holy Communion veils.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

Preview some houses for my clients, take the car to the garage because the engine light is on, check email accounts, call daughter, call mother, post on blog, buy a tool kit to carry in my car, return a $60 pillow that my husband bought and go see Indiana Jones

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Green olives, crackers with cream cheese, apples, oranges and raisins, green tea ( hot or cold) and chocolate covered pretzels.

4)Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I would go to Hawaii (where I would learn to surf), Jamaica ( where I would sunbathe au natural), New York city (where I would go to the Met), Orlando (Disney world), Paris (where I would go to the Louvre), Austria ( where I would ski), Australia ( where I would eat shrimp on the barbee). I would take many cruises and I would bring both family and friends. I would go to the Olympics and the World Series. I would see many concerts.
I would buy a new house. I would also buy a house for my daughter. I would order all those items I have highlighted in catalogs. I would shop at real clothing stores - not just Target and Walmart.
I would get a fuel efficient car for everyone I know because I want to stick-it to the Oil Co's (Elvis bought Cadillacs - I'm buying Prius's).
I would hire a cook because I don't like to cook. I would have lots of parties!! I would hire a personal trainer, a professional organizer and a full time gardener. I would also hire tutors for all my kids because I never want to help with homework again, unless they need to read a story to me. I would write full time and visit friends and family and knit the rest of the time. I already donate to many, many charities and they would get a lot more.

5) Places I have lived.

I was born in Panama. I lived in Norfolk Virginia for a few years and when I was five years old my father got military orders to move to San Diego. I never went away to school or moved out of the city.

Six people that I would like to know more about are

Deborah, Shameka, Haley, Craftivore, Olga & Not much of a knitter


I deliberately tried to pick people I think have not been tagged. I would have tagged more but making all those hyper links has worn me out. Peace to everyone I didn't name. If you want to be tagged just ask.

6 comments:

km said...

A life of travel...that's what dreams are made of.

Krissy said...

I like your answer to being a billionaire the most. You are very detailed.

Beth said...

Did you like Indian Jones? My family saw it yesterday and we thought it was entertaining. Some of it was unbelievable, but a lot of movies are like that. :)

janet said...

Yes I liked Indiana Jones. It was really fun and I liked how they had a lot of the "classic" Jones stuff in it. I want to see it again.

Kim said...

I hope you become a billionaire. You've got a lot of awesome stuff planned!

Olga said...

Hey there! I AM gonna do the tag thing as soon as my missing brain comes back with my gumption! I'm slowly going where everyone has gone before....