Friday, March 7, 2008

"Good Luck"

I'm sure that you've all had a e-mail with this poem and message attached to it. Do this or else type of deal.

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH
Good Luck!!
I hope it works...
May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
OK, this is what you have to do...Send this to all of your friends!But - you HAVE to send this within 1 hour from when you open it!
Now................Make A wish!!!!!!I hope you made your wish! Now then, if you send to:1 person --- your wish will be granted in 1 year3 people --- 6 months5 people --- 3 months6 people --- 1 month7 people --- 2 weeks8 people --- 1 week9 people --- 5 days10 people --- 3 days12 ! people - -- 2 days15 people --- 1 day20 people --- 3 hours If you delete this after you read it . you will have 1 year of bad luck! But .. if you send it 2of your friends you will automatically have 3 years of good luck!!! :-)


While your thinking about the off chance of it actually bringing you good luck you're also worried about the chance of it bringing you bad luck.
I mean luck is very highly rated in our society. Lucky people win the lottery. You have to be! The odds of winning are like a gazillion to one. Luck is also embedded in the great mystery movie that is circulating these days called - "The Secret". The basic principle is that your positive attitude, energy, aura is received into the world and walla you got Good Luck coming to you and all your dreams coming true. Now in order for this to work you have to have your goals clearly stated and truly believe that they will come true. EX: You are driving your new Jaguar with the trunk loaded with money and your hair looks great. Literally the power of the mind can be used to make all you dreams come true. So simply get focused and your on your way.....

Anyway, I am Irish. Well actually my husband is half Irish and I think I'm about a fourth - but I really look Irish. So I'm thinking I going to have a Lucky day.


Well here is what Good Luck looks like for me today -












Now being a true optimist and truly believing in the power of positive thinking and that I do have Good Luck, I do have Good Luck, I do have Good Luck -


I have decided that getting a flat tire one minute from my house was Good Luck. Yes Indeed.


Since the message of my blog is "To share", here is what I learned and what you should know


I backed-up the car to position it near the curb so that I could lock the wheels when I parked the car. But when I put the car back in drive I didn't put my foot on the brake and the inertia forced the car into the curb. That caused the wheel to ram into the curb and of course the concrete was uneven and that's how I got a hole in my tire. So you see it's very easily done.



Angel of the Day award goes to Andrea who called me from school and took my son to the robot competition, then bought him a shake and brought him home. Without her help Jason would have missed everything.


Big bonus points go to my super little boy who remembered Mom's cell phone number so that Andrea could call me. He can't remember which words to capitalize and usually forgets his jacket at the neighbors house but what's more important?


2 comments:

MRS MJW said...

it's always such a relief to have friends to help out. i love the yin and the yang of it. oh...and thanks for the comment on my blog. cheers.

Olga said...

Bummer on the car! But yea! your child was looked after. I was reading your past posts and i like the one about the tv, and the 'f' test,I kept finding 5 of them and had to carefully comb through the text to get the last one.