Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Happiness Project

I stumbled across this web site by the grace of God I think and I find it absolutely delightful. I actually smile when I read through the postings. The author Gretchen Ruben is, "working on a book, THE HAPPINESS PROJECT--a memoir about the year I spent test-driving every principle, tip, theory, and scientific study I could find, whether from Aristotle or St. Therese or Martin Seligman or Oprah. THE HAPPINESS PROJECT will gather these rules for living and report on what works and what doesn’t. On this daily blog, I recount some of my adventures and insights as I grapple with the challenge of being happier".
Now I'm a person who can get depressed from all the demands of motherhood, career and marriage to name a few. I've often watched people who always seemed happy. I'm sure you know someone who is always smiling and ready to give a hug. I know they have many of the same problems I do, maybe more, but there they are always smiling. There must be a bright spot on their DNA because it truly seems happiness comes to them naturally.
I want to be happy so I seek out people, places and things that will help me change my attitude, I always say, "It's all in the way you look at it".
The Happiness Project has been a wonderful resource for me to turn to. Check it out and smile :)
http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project

Here is something to smile about, my family and although everyone isn't smiling in the picture (frowning teenager at the far left) it makes me smile to remember that beautiful day on the beach.


My favorite quote for today -What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner.” Colette

Thank you to -
My manager for cancelling our coaching session because she is sick.
Colleen for calling me to say she was in the area and could pick-up the kids from school.
Natalie for offering to take over the e-mailing projects for our kids second grade.
My Mom for looking for cars for me.
And to you ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rastogijyoti salesperson invest foot parcel unattended dest hungarytitle zhangjiang excipients beenand
lolikneri havaqatsu