Monday, September 17, 2007

Pictures



Well they say that a picture is worth a thousand words and never has that been clearer to me than lately. I had to get my picture taken for my business card. I'm a Realtor and I have to have my picture on just about everything, cards, letters, website, newsletters, notepads, magnets you name it and I have a picture of me on it.
I don't like to have my picture taken so in order to prepare I had my make-up done at the mall and carefully washed and curled my hair. I found the best photographer that I could (the only one my manager recommended) and asked for advise on what I should wear. I wanted to look friendly, smart and approachable. My only request was that I didn't want my braces to show, so I tried not to smile but in the end I smiled a lot and after twenty minutes and thirty or forty pictures I found two that were pretty good. I was happy.
Well the picture is really good, maybe too good because I get a lot of comments like, "Wow that's a great picture and you should keep that picture forever", or "That picture looks like you when you were younger" or " I didn't even recognize you". Well I finally asked the photographer, "hey did you spend hours airbrushing all the flaws off my picture?" I was so happy to hear that NO If fact all she did was whiten my teeth. Yep that picture is me on a good day with good lighting.

No comments: