Thursday, September 27, 2007

For Your Benefit


Last Thursday my cell phone suddenly died and when I took it into the Verizon store I learned a few things about phones and batteries that I didn't know. Later that same day I shared my story with a group at the gym who also didn't know this information. Therefore since my blogs original intention is, "to share" I post todays message as a "Public Service Announcement - PSA" with the hope that others will not suffer.
1. Batteries have approximately 500 charges.
2. Your phone contract is good for 2 years or 730 days.
3. You don't need to charge your phone everyday. Probably 2 or 3 times a week is enough, or you can check the bars on the display screen and charge when it gets to 1 bar.
4. You only need to charge for about two hours, not over night.
5. New batteries cost $35.00
6. When your phone battery dies and the phone at the same time you lose all of your contacts and information that has been stored.
7. The battery and phone will probably die when the store is closed and so you will imagine that the most important calls failed to make it to you.
8. Regular phones - work great.
I retrieved my phone yesterday and found that I had missed three calls. Two from my mother and one from my husband.

No comments: